There is a substantial increase in massage chair importers that are bringing in low quality chairs and selling them through various channels. In response to some of our customers that have experienced bad situations, I personally surveyed a number of venues such as the internet, home shows and county fairs for such importers. The result of input from my customer’s experience and first hand insight from my surveys has yielded the following list of 5 key tips on how to avoid being taken.
1. Massage Chair Components are Critical: Ask what country the main components are from. The critical components are the motors and the pc board. The motors should be made in Japan and the pc board should be from either Japan or Singapore. If the components are from other locations, then these components are of inferior quality and subject to short life spans or in other words – junk!
2. Check Out the Warranty: There are 2 things to check on the warranty. First, what is the coverage offered? Second, can the company cover the warranty? For a $3,000 massage chair, you should get 3 years parts, 3 years labor and minimum 90 days in home technician service. Now, the more important question, will they be around to make good on the warranty! You need to go with a reputable massage chair maker. One that has retail clients such as chain stores, etc. There are too many massage chair vendors that are just one man operations and may not be there down the road.
3. Our Massage Chair is From Sanyo’s Factory: One of the more interesting sales claims we came across with surprising frequency is that their chair is from a major brand’s factory. The salesperson says they get their massage chair from them. I guess we are supposed to think that Sanyo is going to private label their chair to a guy who sells at a home show? The interesting thing is his price. Why is it so low compared to the real Sanyo. It doesn’t make sense to us and shouldn’t make sense to you either!
4. Import Warehouse at Your Service: We saw a few small time massage chair operators. Ones that import one chair and sell them at home shows or county fairs. We are not saying to not buy from them. Every entrepreneur started somewhere! It is just you need to be careful, that you are buying for the long term and they may be selling for the short term. They usually have an arsenal of electronic gadgets and a massage chair. Basically, whatever you can stick in a container! They will offer you a low price and lots of features, but you need to be careful of how long the chair will work and if they will be around to fix it later!
5. I Can’t Believe The Deal I Am Getting: Always remember, you get what you pay for. There were few peddlers that offered a $5,000 massage chair for $1,500 and came with a 5 year warranty. Wow! We couldn’t believe it. This chair is made in Panasonic’s factory! We tried to do the math. Free shipping, long warranty and cheap price. They can’t be making any money! How could we resist? Most likely we would have bought into a series of frustrating future problems and be left with a boat anchor in our living room.
You can really get good deals and find some of the major massage chair brands and top models at home shows and county fairs. We just want you to go with your eyes open, so you find the right massage chair for your requirements. It should last you years and provide you countless hours of soothing relaxation. Head our tips and you will be rewarded with the perfect massage chair. Happy shopping!
We trust you found this article enlightening. View a Massage Chair Review on the best massage chairs on the market today. We author Massage Chair Reviews on all the national brands. Browse our massage chair review index, see our articles and see what massage recliner is right for you.Tags: advice, alternative health, Alternative Medicine, electronics, exercise, fitness equipment, gifts, health, massage, massage chair, product review, review, shopping, tips
April 16 2010 03:06 am | Alternative Medicine